Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 2008


I like Mother's Day.
I love that I am a Mother.
I don't love all the jobs of a mother but I am glad I am one.
I am no where a perfect mother.
I wish I was.
I wish I had more patience.
I love when my kids play sweetly together.
I hate it when they fight.
I love hearing my kids laugh.
It makes me sad when I hear them cry.
My life is wrapped up in the lives of 4 precious kids.
I wish I would remember more often how precious they are.
My wish for the next year is to sit back and enjoy the moments that are happening everyday.The big the small and the in between. Time is slipping away so quickly. I need to enjoy it now.


Mother's Day was great once church was over. :) I had to conduct, do sharing time, have the primary kids make cards for their moms and coordinate the men subbing for the women in primary so they could go to Relief Society. So I was a bit busy! But it was all over at 12 so I had the rest of the day to enjoy.

Brayden made me eggs and toast for breakfast. It was very sweet. They were a bit cold and a bit slimy, but totally wonderful. :) Taft was awesome and got me two sets of a dozen roses. Ahhhh, I love fresh flowers. He planned and prepared a yummy yummy dinner with cheesecake and my favorite chocolate satin pie. Chocolate heaven! He took care of the kids and cleaning and everything! I think his day was busy too! We enjoyed the time after church with Todd, Kat and their girls, and that made it even better. We are lucky to have family close by! I got sweet homemade cards, a booklet and an handmade candle stick holder. Always precious!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you had a Happy Mother's Day. Your picture with your kids is darling! You are all so cute.