Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family that isn't really family & other random things

To put it simply, today was a great day. Primary went well. Presidency meeting was good (I love those ladies, they rock at what they do!) We got to go the Craig's house for some homemade ice cream (yum!), Annie painted the girls fingernails, and we got to talk to the adults that we don't get a lot of chances to normally talk too. Then we went to the park to say goodbye to a great family that is moving out of the ward. She has been the perfect visiting teaching partner in history... thanks Rachel! Tons of families showed up to the park to eat goodies and share goodbyes. It just struck me how many great people are in our ward. I already knew that, but being there tonight just made that feeling stronger. It just felt like a family tonight. I loved it. There were so many great people to have conversations with and the kids all had fun playing together or playing kickball. We have been in the ward for almost 4 years now and I think it is now starting to feel really comfortable. We have had the chance to see a lot of changes in the families in the ward, seeing the kids grow up, seeing new babies join families and new families joining the family. I don't know, I just really enjoyed myself. It didn't hurt that it was beautiful cool/warm weather. And when we left the sunset was gorgeous. My picture can't even capture it right, but here it is.




Other random things. We decided to try to pick out some more flowers/ground cover for the backyard and had fun going to the nursery to see all the beautiful plants and flowers. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with it all because I want it all fully grown in now and I want it to be perfect, so then I can't even choose what to get or what to do. But I got over it and hopefully what we planted will be great (even though I have to wait for it all to fill in under the trees.) Carter helped this time with the planting and he was a natural. It is fun to see him digging in the dirt and planting. We got dirty hands and it was great.


Ooh! My had looks old! Ack! :)



Brayden got a "new" bike. Woo hoo! He has totally outgrown his old bike (not too mention one of his brakes is busted) and I was dreading having to pay for a gear bike for him. He hasn't had gears before so it was about time! Luckily when we were driving home yesterday we noticed around the corner from our house they were selling a gear bike that was the perfect size for Brayden. Yippee! We pulled right over and said we would get it. (He did test drive it first!) He had been feeling jipped since Kennedi was given a cute gear bike a few months ago. Now Carter is the jipped one. He will just have to wait. So the kids had tons of fun going on lots of bike rides yesterday all around the neighborhood and trails. It is such much easier on all the hills around for them to be able to change into an easier gear. I love for them to be in the good ol' outdoors and enjoying time with each other. And how nice that I didn't have to pay full price for his "new" bike and not a penny for Kennedi's.




Good weekend so far! Now we get to all be together tomorrow for Memorial Day. BBQ's, here we come!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. Sometimes it's the small & simple things that make a day so much better than the rest. Have a great weekend!