Thursday, May 22, 2008

Freeze.


I am thinking that now is about the best time to freeze my life just where it is. Brayden is almost 11 now and so close to the brink of "teenage" attitude that is it almost scary. I can almost feel the precious time ticking away each and every single day. He is so close to no longer listening to my advice and thinking that I might actually have good ideas. I am sad about it. I wonder if I have squandered away these last 10 precious years of his life. Have I taught him enough? Have I given him the tools to make it in this world? Have I helped him build a strong enough foundation that outside influences won't break him down? I don't think I have done enough. But what is enough? I think as a Mother, I will never think enough is enough. There is always more to do and to say. My children are healthy and are still at a fun stage (well 2 going on 3 wouldn't actually be called a fun stage, but it is funny a lot!). I do wish I could freeze time. I need more time. On the flip side I do wish a lot that Brayden was old enough to be the family babysitter. I would love more time to just leave the house with just my husband and not have to plan out all the details of getting a babysitter. But that time will come and it is coming faster and faster...


It has been fun to watch the kids go outside in the perfect Spring weather and play their version of baseball. Or to go in their room and play multiple games of their new favorite game of Monopoly. (That is if they can keep the destroying Ellie out of the room). It is rewarding to see your kids love and have fun together. I think that is why it hurts so much to see them when they are arguing and bugging each other too. I love my kids. They can change my emotions so quickly it is crazy. If they only knew what powers they hold over me. I hope they can be strong and stand up for what they believe. But first, we have got to get them to believe in all the right things...


I love that they love Monopoly, I loved it when I was a kid too!

No comments: