Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I like the ZOO again!


Most of them look happy :)


Now that I know I can handle all the kids by myself I decided it was time for a trip to the Denver Zoo. It really is a great zoo. We have a membership but haven't used it since August! How lame am I? Last Thursday was a nice cool/warm day to go but I guess tons of the schools around thought it was a good day to go also. There was a ton of kids there! Oh well, we still had a good time and since the zoo is huge, there was plenty of room for us all.



Ellie loved seeing all the animals and in between each exhibit kept asking so see more animals. She has been asking about going to see the animals this past week too. So I guess she liked it! The nice thing about having a membership is that you don't have to see every. single. thing. It is just too big of a zoo to do it all in a day without having the parents/kids melt down.



Brayden wasn't ecstatic to be there but he was a trooper. It is nice having a kid getting older and helpful. He was my official "push the stroller with all the stuff" guy. It was nice not to have to worry about that stuff since Ellie was out and about enjoying life.


We had Kennedi's friend Emma with us. She is such a sweet girl. The girls play so good together and are fun to watch. They thought the giraffe house was stinky but enjoyed everything else. Especially ice cream/cotton candy break. We are sad to have Emma move away to Texas in a few weeks. We will miss her and her family!


Look at that guys fro! Wowsers!
That was one of the best exhibits I saw! Hee hee.


It was a happy day at the zoo. I loved the weather. The kids were great and we loved being outdoors! Yeah for the zoo!

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

Thanks for taking Emma. What will I do when we have to start from ground zero with friends? It's impossible to replace friends like you, anyway! Sad for us. :(

Karen said...

You're such a great Mom! I don't like taking my kids to the zoo...I avoid it whenever possible :)