Thursday, September 4, 2008

We have an official preschooler


Miss Ellie started preschool this week! Hip hip hooray! Tuesday was just a "meet your teacher" day. We went in for 30 minutes, met Miss Bonnie, got use to the classroom, played with toys, and tried to "share" with her new friends. It went great and she was excited to go back in 2 days.



She got to pick up her preschool basket and look like a big girl carrying it around.


Ellie is in the duck class for the "young" 3 year olds. This morning we got her all dressed, a lunch all packed, her hair actually done and ready for a great 4 hours! She went right in, put her duck in the pond, dropped off her basket and was ready to go. I got a hug and a kiss and a little "mommmmmy" because I was leaving and then I think she cried for approximately .12749th of a second. :)

When I left I actually felt a little differently than I thought I would. I wasn't jumping up and down and passing out high fives to everyone around. I felt a little lonely. Duh! I thought of the things I should have told her before, like, "tell Miss Bonnie when you need to use the bathroom," or "be nice to your friends and don't yell." Or lots of other things. But I knew she would have fun.
I headed over to the local book store and wandered around for a few minutes. No little 3 year old touching and moving all the books was to be seen! How nice! I bought 2 books and was off to my Book Club. Had a nice chat and lunch, went to Target and the library and was done! Wow! That 4 hours went fast! (Okay, so don't think I am a book freak, I can't believe my day was centered all around books! Weird! I won't be doing this every preschool day, believe me).


Upon return to preschool I found a happy little Ellie with a great painted duck and a duck chocolate sucker. What could be better? She did great and had "so so so so so much fun." And you know what? I had fun too!


It was a great Thursday for BOTH of us!

4 comments:

gina said...

Aahhh! Bliss! Seriously love that first picture of Ellie. Have I mentioned that she is darling!

Julie said...

Congratulations! I still can't believe Miss Ellie is 3! I had the same emotion dropping Ali off at college! I was so excited, but I found tears in my eyes too! Fortunately I got over it and love the lack of MESS she always had trailing her! And she is loving her new found freedom! You will enjoy yours too!

Christina said...

Yay Freedom! Cute pics., i also love how you include you in your pictures.

j-liz said...

I think Ellie is the happiest little girl on the planet. Her smile is just adorable!
--Katie L.