Monday, September 15, 2008

The Internet Rocks

I seriously love the internet. Today I was contacted by a long lost friend. (Hi Jacque!) She found my blog and now we can talk to each other again. It has been too long. I love how the internet has brought people together and I am a little part of it. But what is even greater is that now I get to be a part of her life and find out about her again and learn. I already have gained a little perspective on the important things in life just from her reaching out to me. Thanks friend, I love ya!

This happened to me a few months ago too. My friend from my growing up ward contacted me too! I just love it. I learned so much from her blog and I have loved the reconnection. (Hi Karen!)

I hope this is a pattern. I really am loving rekindling these "old" connections. And I really love keeping the "current" connections of friends a little bit stronger. Thanks friends. It means a lot.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the shout out...I'm so glad to keep in touch with you as well. It's so hard otherwise to stay on top of what everyone is doing in their lives! I also gain so much from you and your sweet blog, just like old times :)

McQuiveys said...

Shanna---I don't know why cousins never get to see each other. I think it's been since I got married since I've seen you (something like that). I got to your blog off of facebook. As of yet, I do not have a blog (we contribute to an Abbott blog of my parents, but I don't have one personally). I have had fun with Facebook though finding tons of old friends. Anyhow--so good to finally have a means of chatting. Take Care,
Mindy

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

Thanks for the note- I can't believe how grown up your kids are!! I will have fun checking out your blog!

Katie L. said...

Love you too! I'm so happy to have some connections to your daily lives still!

Jacque Burks said...

Yo have no idea how much I have learned from you!!