Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Little Pioneer Boy


In 2nd grade my kids get to learn about pioneers. I am sure it isn't the same lessons that are taught in Utah. :) Anyway, today Carter's class all dressed up as pioneers and had to bring a pioneer lunch. We packed in his tin bucket a mason jar full of water, a boiled egg, beef jerky, bread with butter wrapped in wax paper and an apple. He thought his lunch was pretty heavy! A mason jar full of water will do that everytime! :) They get to make candles, applesauce, butter, use quill pens and slates, learn about cross-stitching and learn a little about how school was for pioneers. What a great lesson. What a fun day!


3 comments:

Katie L. said...

How cute it that? He looks pretty authentic.

Katie L. said...

Invite me on goodreads, I want to look at your books!

lizzydid@yahoo.com

Keri said...

How funny, when I first saw the pics I assumed it was a church activity!