Friday, September 5, 2008

Fun Run 2008



Today was the day. My kids became runners! Go kids go! Our Elementary School started its first Annual Fun Run and it was great! Instead of trying to sell wrapping paper, ribbon and candy (ie, junk), they did a run. The kids can get donations or pledges for money per lap. I love this idea. Now the school can get 100% of the money and it gets the kids active and exercising. Awesome! The kids all did so good, no complaining and just good ol sweating it out running. Brayden and Kennedi's grades ran for 45 minutes straight! Wow! Brayden ended up running 4 miles and Kennedi ran 3 1/3 miles. Carter ran for 30 minutes and ran 2 1/4 miles. He just ran so hard and hardly even walked. It was really fun to cheer them on and be a part of the activities. They felt good about it too. The day ended up being a perfect day for a run. It was just under 60 degrees and overcast. It helped keep them cool for sure. I was actually cold on the sidelines. They had music blasting, balloons floating, and water ready to drink. Perfect.




Great job kids! I loved being the cheerleader for them and I can't wait for it next year.

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a great idea...I'll be buying fattening cookie dough this year, I think a run would be far more productive!

gina said...

Seriously good idea, I love that it get kids out moving. We got stuck with the lame-o $10 a roll wrapping paper.