Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall Time!


The signs of Fall are here. Leaves are changing and there is a crispness in the air. Lovely, lovely. I see pumpkins at the grocery stores and we are admist all the Football glory. I didn't know I loved this time of year so much. But I decided that I do!

One sign of fall was in our own backyard today. Over a year ago we planted little raspberry transplants. We didn't know if they would make it and no berries popped out for us last year. The raspberry vines are fall bearing vines. Anyway, today in the van Ellie tells me "red is growing in our backyard." I had no idea what she was talking about but a few hours later we were in the backyard and lo and behold one pretty raspberry ended up in her hand. She went and picked our very first berry! At least I was there to see it and to run and go get my camera. I hope we get at least 20 more! I want to try one, but Ellie got the first. Yum! She wanted more but we will have to be patient.

Pick


Show off the goods


Eat, yum!


Since Brayden is a big 6th grader, he got to go to Outdoor Ed today. All the 6th graders left early this morning to spend 4 days in the mountains. How cool! He was so excited to go. The weather is suppose to be wonderful so I am glad they won't be freezing. I already miss him a little, but I bet he isn't even thinking about me! It was a mad house this morning with all the parents saying good byes to their little/big kids. I hope he has tons of fun. It is a new season in life for him in more than one way today!


Oh ya! Another important sign of Autumn that I almost forgot, is that "our" TV shows are back on! :) Heroes is back on tonight! !!! Yes!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love fall too and miss those beautiful fall leaves!

Talbear said...

Yay! You got the picture! |
Oh, and you don't look old enough to have a 6th grader!

gina said...

raspberries I'm so jealous! you have to be a serious gardner to grow raspberries, or so I hear. Lovin the new look of the blog!!!

Katie L. said...

I love fall too, out here mostly because the heat is finally letting up and my electricity bill is creeping down. I can't believe Brayden is old enough to go away for 4 days, doesn't that seem odd to you?

Emma was baptized last week! Where does the time go?