Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lucky 13



Happy Anniversary to Me! And to Taft! :)

Today we hit 13 years! We are now into the teens! It is starting to sound like a long time now! I like it!

We don't get to celebrate today since Taft left early this morning to Seattle. It is now the 3rd week of him traveling and so far it is okay. I like it much much better when he is home but we are surviving.

Anyway, I am so happy that I have Taft. He is such a great husband. I had no idea 13 years ago that life would be like it is today, but it is a great life. Taft was such a smartie and before he left to Seattle and then on his backpacking trip this past weekend he ordered my white roses and he gave them to me yesterday. It is fun to look back when we were celebrating our first anniversary and he gave me a dozen roses, 11 red and one white rose. Every year one more rose would turn to white. I love it. I love traditions. What makes it even sweeter is that when he asked me to marry him he gave me white roses.

13 White Roses

I wish we could spend the day together but such is life. We did go look at wedding rings yesterday for our short 1 hour date. There are so many pretty rings out there to choose from. It has been over a year now since I lost my original ring in the lake and we haven't replaced it. But how do you spend so much money on something that replaces something that meant so much and cost less? I am having a hard time wanting to spend the money on a ring. I really would rather get some things done to the house. :) Or go on a great trip!

I love being Mrs. B and I am looking forward to the rest of my years as the Mrs.

Oh man, we were such babies. And nice bangs!! Ha!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! Yes, you do look so YOUNG! We were when you think about it! Jenni is already older than I was when I got married and that totally freaks me out! I don't want her married yet! So much life to live, but on the other hand....it was a great choice for me and obviously for you! Happy Anniversary!

Keri said...

You look like you're 12! Awww, so cute, happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful my special son married you, who is now my special daughter-in-law. You both are so great and so close to my heart. I feel very lucky that you both are in my life and my family. I love you both.. thanks for being so great as a son and daughter-in-law and parents to my four "out standing grandchildren"... 13 years and more to come... :) :)

The Drizzled Apple said...

Oh my gosh look at the two of you! Congrats on 13! Every year I get giddier(is that a word)as I surpass one more sibling who never made it this far... it's a big deal these days! I hope you celebrate when he gets back and actually take a rain check for the Melting Pot! Don't just blow it off, DO IT! These things are only a big deal if we make them a big deal!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the white roses!

Katie L. said...

Happy Anniversary, you do look like babies!