Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home


So Taft went to his 2nd Annual FJ Summit to Ouray, CO. He took Brayden, Carter and his brother Todd. They had a wonderful time 4wheelin all over the place. There were only about 200 other FJ's there. :) It was nice to have a little girl time here at home and for me to get my icky shower caulking removed and new fresh lovely caulk replaced. In case you want to know, my biggest tip for removing caulk between the plastic flooring piece and the tile is.... a butter knife! No kidding. It is flat and pointy and it gets the job done. But I did get blisters! No fun. That job is not high on my fun list! But I got it done and my shower looks much better without the grimy icky caulk in it. (Shows you how I have been such the fabulous house cleaner, now doesn't it!)

Oh ya, I was talking about Taft being gone. Anyway, he left Wednesday and came back home on Sunday and then a few hours later had to go to the airport to fly off to Chicago until Tuesday. Not cool! He had a meeting for work in Chicago and he had to plan it last minute. So what I am saying is that I missed him! That is too long for him to be gone and for me to be the only parent here. :) But I better get use to it because he will probably be traveling soon every week for about 2 months. I might get into a depression. Or maybe the house will just fall apart. Or maybe we will eat cereal every night he is gone. It will be interesting to see what happens.


Another kind of random tid-bit... Ellie has me sing "I am Like a Star Shining Brightly," and "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" for every nap and bedtime. It is our little song routine. Here is a little video of her singing the songs. She is pretty much cheesing it up, but she makes me laugh.

5 comments:

gina said...

Did I hear little vibrato in there? I forget is she 3 or 30? She's hillarious!

Karen said...

Good luck without your hubby....I hope you don't go crazy & for the record I don't think there is anything wrong with cereal every night!

The Drizzled Apple said...

hahahah! OMGosh, Ellie is quite the little performer eh?

Home alone.... yuck!I'm sad for ya! Sounds like you could use a babysitter and a night out with the girls PRONTO!

Lets put something together!

-Lucy

Christina said...

Hi Shanna! I found you! Super cute family picture! And, you have great taste in blog background=). I'm impressed with how often you blog; it's a good kick in the butt for me. I'm sorry Taft is going to be gone so much. Good thing the kids are in school, and we'll have to use it as a good excuse to get together!

me said...

That video is awesome! I am going to have to steal that for my blog, just too great!!!