Monday, August 4, 2008

More Scouting Greatness

Phew! I am back. We have been out of town visiting family and having fun. I will post about that later. But back to stuff that happened before we left.

Brayden made a great scouting step. He finished his Webelos and received his Arrow of Light. I am proud of him and everything he learned in Cub Scouts. He is a Boy Scout now and doing great. Sometimes scouting is a pain, but it really is a great program and can teach the boys so much. So a cheer for scouting, yeehaw!


While we were visiting in Utah, my oldest nephew received his Eagle Scout! Go Josh! It was really great that we were all there to see him at his Court of Honor. He is a great example to Brayden and I think it will help Brayden to want to earn his Eagle too. What is funny is that my Dad and all the bro-in-laws never got their Eagle. Josh's uncles and grandpa on the Hale side didn't get theirs either. So he is the first in hopefully a long line of Eagle Scouts.



We have missed a lot of important events with family members over the years since we have moved away. It always makes me want to live closer to family when we are visiting. All the nieces and nephews are such great kids and I love their examples to my kids. I miss all the family! Love you all!

No comments: