Monday, July 14, 2008

My Little Ducklings


I took Brayden, Kennedi and Carter on a bike ride with me Saturday night. I warned them ahead of time there would be big hills and it was a longer than usual bike ride. Carter doesn't have gears on his bike so it would be hardest for him, but luckily for me, he is a tough guy and really doesn't complain much. Friday morning Sharleen and I had gone jogging a new way and I didn't start my Garmin so I didn't know how far we had ran. So I enlisted the kids to go with me on our bikes to see how far my jog was, cuz it felt REALLY far on Friday. :) The kids did great, the weather was perfect and we remembered water this time! We almost ran over a dog, we went on gravel, dirt, concrete and asphalt, we got wet by the sprinklers and had a great time. They were so tough and worked hard and followed me like 3 cute little ducklings in a row. I need to do this more often. I really want to be a more active person and family and a bike ride is a great way to do that. It will be great when Ellie is big enough to go out on her own! We missed her and Taft.


Oh, we went 4.39 miles.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Your kids are so cute! How far are you two crazy ladies running these days?

Shanna said...

We are still wimps and only do 3-4 miles. Why change a good thing? :)