Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ouch! But Ahhhh...


So the good old A/C wasn't working properly. And you can't have that in 95 degree weather now can you? Taft and I looked at the pipe outside that went from the A/C to the house and in that 90ish degree weather the pipe looked like it had been snowed on. It was all frozen up. The insulation on the pipe had busted off on part of it so we were hoping it was as simple as new insulation. NOPE! (How could it be that simple?) 800 hundred freaking dollars later and we are as good as new. Well not really good as new since we didn't get anything new except some refrigerant that costs.... $295.00 up to 2 pounds. The inside of our A/C looked like it was wearing a sweater, and no it isn't suppose to look like that. So that goop got all cleaned out and the inside thingy ma bob got cleaned out too. But 800 bucks! Shouldn't I get a brand new shiny new one?
I am so spoiled that I will pay 800 dollars to be cool in my house. Goodbye Disneyland, goodbye new wedding ring to replace the one that was lost last summer, goodbye new furniture, goodbye 800 dollars. I will miss you! (Yes, I know that I can't get any of that stuff for 800 dollars, but it would go a long way towards it! Or at least a medium way.) At least I am not sweating now!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Shanna that is soooo sad! I hate paying for things I already have but I am with you SPOILED! I want my A/C! Makes me want to check mine and make sure it isn't "wearing a sweater" too! Can I link you to my blog so I don't have to go thru everyone elses to get to you!?

Shanna said...

Julie, of course you can link my blog. Someday I will be cool and make a link to blogs. When that happens I will be linking to yours!

gina said...

seriously sucky!

Karen said...

That is such a bummer...we just had our transmission go out & spent our vacation money getting it fixed! Oh well....I was just glad we were able to get it taken care of.