Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th


We had a great 4th of July. We drove up to good ol' Casper, Wyoming (it was hardly windy! WooHoo!) The kids played, played and played some more. The adults talked, ate, read and hung out, ahhh, it was nice. It is always fun to get together with family, and I love how our kids match up so well with Chad and Patrea's kids. We got to watch the fireworks in a great place that wasn't crowded. We hiked up to a beautiful waterfall. The nice thing about the waterfall was it was so close and we hardly had to hike to get to it. So very kid friendly. Chad, Jace and Brayden braved the cold, cold water and stood under the waterfall, brrrr. It was a great little trip. We got to see Tyson get blessed and he is such a little cutie. He is a sweet little guy and I am glad I got to snuggle with him again.

Cold water!

Up at the falls

Waiting for the fireworks

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a fun trip! You're so lucky to live that close to family. Hey, I saw your current book is The Host...I just read it and really liked it. Let me know what you think.