Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where Should I Start?

I haven't blogged for such a long time that I don't even know where to start. Things happened, we did some stuff and had some fun. :) Now I am all caught up! Ha! Well here goes..

Fieldtrip-
Let me start with Brayden's fieldtrip. I finally went on a fieldtrip again! Wowzers! I don't think I have been on a fieldtrip with Brayden since Kindergarten. How sad is that? Fieldtrips take so long that I feel guilty asking people to watch the kids. Kat was oh so kind to watch Ellie while I had fun at the Botanic Gardens with Brayden and 4 other classmates of his. The gardens at this time of the year are BEAUTIFUL. I took pictures but they just don't do it justice. I love love love flowers and they have so many there that I wish I could take them all home and plant them in my yard. But I would probably just kill them. Anyway, it was nice to spend time with Brayden and see him with his class and how they all act together. They are getting old. It is scary. I need to remember to go on his fieldtrips when he is in 6th grade. I only have one more year left with him in Elementary School. He acted so excited for me to go. I need to be better.

Riding on the Bus together. (I don't miss the bus part!)


Crazy 5th Graders

Father's Day-
The kids all had cute homemade cards and presents for Taft. They just love to give something on Mother's and Father's Day. They get so excited. I asked Taft what he wanted for dinner and he went with the classic dinner of roast, carrots and potatoes. Dang, the roast was a little chewier than it should have been, but at least it tasted good! It is hard to try to get it all ready before church when church starts at 9! But I survived it. I made the classic chocolate trifle (it is so so so rich, but yummy). Taft got some new BBQ tools and a cool shirt and I got an old picture of him and his Dad printed so he could put it in his office. I am thankful that Taft is the Dad of our family.




My 33rd Birthday-
It was a good one. I took the job of making it good myself. :) I got me a babysitter (well actually I had my favorite twins) and I went and got me a pedicure and a haircut. Man, I need more pedicures! Those are luscious! And I hadn't gotten my hair cut for 6 months, so it was time! I met Sharleen for lunch and I stuffed myself at good ol' Red Robin. Gotta love their fries with ranch and the Teriyaki Chicken Burger! Brooke and Brittany were sweet and wouldn't let me pay them for watching Ellie. Such nice girls! Taft and I had gone out the Saturday before for my birthday dinner. I wanted to try something new, so we went to Ali Baba's Mediterranean and Lebanese Grill. I loved it! Chicken Shwarma is good even with a really weird name. We got some ice cream with the kids and called my Birthday good. I got to go out the next night for dinner with my Primary Presidency and get stuffed again and then out again the night after that for dessert with more friends. How nice is that! I felt a little spoiled.
I borrowed this pic from Gina's Blog :) Thanks Gina!

Wacky Wednesday-
Ellie went to her first day of "preschool"!!! It is actually called Wacky Wednesdays at St. Luke's where she will go to preschool. She will officially start preschool in September. She was really excited to go and had a great time. When I went to pick her up she ran to me and said, "I had so much fun!" It was wonderful to have 2 1/2 hours to myself, even if I was just running errands and going to Carter's end of the school year party. It will be a beautiful thing in just a few short months on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4 hours each day. Just me, myself, and I! Hooray!


On our way to "preschool"

Happy at Wacky Wednesdays

Well that is plenty long! And probably boring for anyone else but myself. But I have to record this stuff somewhere. More to come later.

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

She is such a cutie! I love one on one time with my kids, especially the older ones. You learn so much when you see them with their friends at school. And I'm so glad you had a good birthday. Next year I'm going to take over mine, too! Happy belated B-Day! Wish I had been there to celebrate with you.