Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cub Scout Day Camp Extravaganza


It is done and gone! I survived my two volunteer mornings in the heat and being surrounded by hundreds of boys ages 8-10. It actually went better than I thought it would. I got to be with some great adults from the ward and the boys were pretty darn good. It is a good thing that it is Brayden's last year, because he is pretty bored with most of it. Luckily they get to do archery all 3 days and what boy doesn't like that? And we got a little more bonding time. Not much but a little, which is better than nada. It is dang hard to keep track of 18 boys when EVERY SINGLE BOY is wearing the same dang red shirt. And to top it off, most of them had the same hat on,(Brayden was too cool to wear it, so he wore a baseball hat). So from behind every boy looked the same. ( I should have taken a picture of that!)


Now to get Brayden ready tonight for his overnighter 11 year old scout camp early tomorrow morning! He is going to be exhausted! Luckily I get to stay home from this one! :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a good mom! I admit, I don't miss Cub Day camp!

Katie L. said...

So, is it just me, or is Brayden starting to sound like a teenager. I mean, he does have a year or two before he hits that age, right? Because I think the teen-attitude is a little early. :) Speaking of Cub Scouts, I have your binder. I know, I'm a loser. I'll send it back sometime soon. I didn't think about it and it got packed up and...well, you get the picture.

Karen said...

You're a good sport Shanna! I am not looking forward to Cole being old enough for scouts.