Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Baby Boy is Lucky 7!


Happy Birthday Dear Carter, Happy Birthday to you!

This year I have tried to start a new tradition for the kids. When it is their birthday I go get them out of school and take them to lunch. Today Carter picked to go to Rubio's. I was excited to go there since neither of us have ever been there before. And it was yummy. A much better alternative than his other choices which were McDonalds and Taco Bell. 40 minutes wasn't long enough for us, but it was fun and I think he was happy to have a little one on one time. I know I was!

My kids also get to choose what they have for dinner and without fail Carter asked for pizza. I think the kids think that is their only choice for their birthday dinner! I tell them I could make something yummy or we could do something else, but they always pick pizza. Weird. So we headed to Cici's with our other family and spent a little time eating and chatting. We went home and blew out the candles on the oh so fun donut cake and opened presents. This age is still pretty easy to please. Carter had wanted this giant magnifying glass so he got it. He read his book tonight with it too. Funny. He also got some legos, a hat, a phlat ball and we fixed up Brayden's old bike so it was snazzy and new for Carter. Easy to please! Just what I like. He did want more presents to open though. I should just wrap up candy bars so they have "more" to open.



Carter is such a fun boy. He is growing up so fast. He is our little slow poke and so easy going. I hope he stays easy going, but I wouldn't mind if he would crank it up a notch with the slow poke living though! :) I am so happy he is a part of our family. Happy Birthday Car Car.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm loving the donut cake!!!!

The Drizzled Apple said...

What is up with that Pizza??? What kind of Pizza is that? Yum!

You are such a darling mother... I need some good mommy tips from you Shanna!

-Lucy