Monday, June 23, 2008

RaNDoM

The Olympic Trials have started. Good stuff on the TV that is actually okay for the kids to watch! It is fun to have something that is great for the whole family. I remember watching the Olympics as a kid and wanting to be like the athletes. Too bad I am not athletic unless you count badminton, and that was back in the day, and I actually wasn't that great, but I could play decent. I love the date that the Olympics start. 8-8-08. I have a thing for cool numbers. I wish one of my kids had a cool birthdate. I guess I didn't plan that well enough. :)

I found a new laundry soap that makes me happy. It has been great the last two night climbing in my yummy smelling sheets, it actually puts a smile on my face. If yummy smells make you happy too, try Gain Joyful Expressions, Apple Mango Tango. This scent might take over my love of Tide Simple Pleasures, Vanilla and Lavender. Sometimes strong smells give me headaches but these don't, yippee!


Ellie embarrasses me when I take her to the store. She was smiling and talking to another boy that was probably around 5 years old. He was with his Grandma. Ellie proceeds to ask about his "Dad" that he is with. Dang. The grandma has short hair and wasn't overly feminine, but she doesn't want to hear that she looks like a man! And at this same store she saw a black man. She then proceeds to say he is a scary guy. Blah! So not fun! I try to quietly tell her, that he is not, but she won't listen. I hope he didn't hear her, or if he did, I hope he laughed it off. I don't know why she would think that, not cool. Maybe it is because we live in a pretty white part of town and she doesn't get diversity enough. But then again when she sees guys riding their motorcycles with helmets, she points and says, "there's a bad guy!" Crazy almost 3 year old!


No comments: