Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Holy Moly's


Ellie is funny. She is always switching words around and using them in the wrong way. On our walks to school she looks for "holy moly's" or "holy poly's" on the trails and she usually sees lots of them. In the backyard she digs around the grass and dirt and finds more. I don't think she is very nice to them since she tries to open them when they are in a ball. Poor little bugs. Someday she will call them roly poly's or potato bugs like the rest of us, but for now we know what she is talking about and I think it is cute.



The other day she was sitting on my lap. We were both wearing shorts. She said, "your legs are smokey!" Ha! I guess I better shave more! I think she meant to say they were pokey. Especially since she kept trying not to touch her legs onto mine anymore, ouch. Then today she touched them and said they were fuzzy. The other night Taft asked her what was on his legs and he pointed to his hairy legs, she said "Grass!" Man, this age is funny.

2 comments:

gina said...

Holy Moly Ellie is looking so grown up in all of these pictures.
I agree this age is awesome!

Katie L. said...

So cute. We are always sad when the baby lisp goes away.