Sunday, February 10, 2008

What is it about Sunday that...

makes me feel inadequate.

I don't really know.

And I wish I was a better writer so that I could explain myself. Uggg.

I feel like I have a split personality on Sundays. One Sunday I will feel like a decent person and then the next, bam!, I feel like a loser. Today is a loser Sunday. I feel like a lousy mom, an impatient wife and a lacking woman. I think it is dumb. I don't like it. I don't like feeling inadequate. What EVER made me think I could be a good mom and teach these four beautiful children how to live happily and gratefully through life? I think my brain hasn't even been on! I am having a little pity party and I do know that I will get over it. But hopefully something changes next Sunday, the problem is, I am the only one that can do something about it and that feels like it won't happen either.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I like you

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanna... I just read your blog and I sooooo understand (being a mother of five) Feeling inadequate is part of (you know who's plan) :) The only way that I kept that feeling at bay is to (once a week) GET AWAY with my sweety (husband).... even if it was a 1/2 hour or 8 hours. Here is what we did: go get an ice cream cone, go for a short walk holding hands, movie, temple, dinner, car ride, etc. We would not talk about the kids, work or home... we talked about the sunset, what we like about each other, favorite food and why, favorite memory of our dating years or old age goals... these are just a few but they would always work. Believe me.. both husband and wife NEED the time away. Short or long... it never mattered... it was the time "EVERY WEEK" that we took for each other. We tried to set the same time every week (fri or sat). That way we both looked forward to it and the kids knew it was mom and dad's time. Yes it takes effort on both parts but it is soooo worth it..believe me. It makes life a lot easier and funner... Try it -- you both will love it!! Love ya Shanna (your are great.. I admire you)