Saturday, February 9, 2008

Piano Recital Saturday

Kennedi's first recital went great. Even though she has had her recital piece memorized for weeks, she still wanted that music up in front of her. That is okay, anything to help calm the nerves. She was definately nervous before the recital but I gave her a little pep talk and waited to see how it went. It was awesome. So cute to see her up there being professional. I was glad to see she was number 5 out of 26 so she could get it over with and see that it wasn't as big as deal as she was making it. And she surely learned that lesson. She said after the recital that it wasn't that bad after all! She has done great in her 5 short months of lessons.


This was Braydens 3 or 4th recital, but his first one since his teacher has been Laurel. She has been a great teacher in finding music for him that he can enjoy playing. He really is a natural and I hope I can keep making him play and play. He has great rythmn (always has) and is so good for only playing since 3rd grade. He practiced his recital piece tons and had it memorized and didn't even bring his music. I was glad to see he was confident. He even said he wasn't even nervous! Ha! I wish I was that way! It is a great thing to see your kids do well.




2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh I'm sad I missed it! We would have loved to be there. Let me know when the next one is :)

Anonymous said...

Brayden and Kennedi... I bet your music was wonderful!!! Wish I could a have been there!!! I love you kids... keep up the good work and good job mom and dad for having them take lessons. GOOOOOOOOOD Parents!!!!