Monday, February 4, 2008

Been there. Done that. Gone.

The days of diapers are officially complete! YeeHaw! Ellie is now potty trained. Phew. After four children, this feels like quite the accomplishment! I am going into a new phase of parenting. It didn't seem like it would ever happen, but now it seems like it didn't take that long.

Another big step is happening today. Let's just say, BIG GIRL BED. Now this is a good and bad thing. Seriously, I have never let my kids stay in a crib for so dang long, but I just am afraid that a bed means no nap! And I thrive on nap time! I need Ellie to take a nap. She is so busy that it is nice to have a few hours of peace. But it is time since she climbs out of her crib every morning anyway.
















Gone are the diapers.

Gone is the crib.

Gone is the baby phase.

All four babies have slept in that crib. I think I have to keep it and use it for my grandkids one day. I am not really sad, but I am nostalgic about it. It is almost weird to know there will be no one else to go through these phases, but we are excited for the next phase in life.
















Sleep tight little one. Keep sweet forever. (You will always be my baby)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Oh man what a big girl. I love that crazy little girl. Good luck on the nap thing :)