Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday observations

Ahhhh, doesn't it feel good to have a clean house? So, I decided I wanted a clean house today. I think half of my Sunday downer feelings have to do with a messy house. It just doesn't feel good to be in your house all day when it isn't clean. And then if I want to clean on Sunday I feel guilty because it is suppose to be a day of rest. So we cleaned lots today and it feels good! I think I even did about 6 loads of laundry! I guess that is what happens when you are sick and you don't do any housework for a few days.

Poor Braydens basketball team lost again. They are 0-6. I feel bad for them. It would be nice to have at least ONE win! I just think it was a mistake for his team to play up a grade. The boys on the other teams are just so much bigger than his team and it makes it so hard. I think it is extra hard on them since last year they made it to the championship game and the year before they won the championship. Here's hoping for next week!

There is something about going to tell your kids goodnight and seeing them kneeling next to their bed praying that makes my heart extra happy.

When we were reading the scriptures tonight as a family we were reading the part that says "my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord", and I told my kids that it would make me happy if this is how they felt. Kennedi then replies, "This might sound weird, but I would rather have a thousand posters of Jesus than of Hannah Montana." Well then, I think that counts for something! (She is really into Hannah Montana right now and loves her music and show. Just like every other girl from age 5-11.)

Ellie has been doing awesome in her big girl bed, yippee! Now in hindsight I can't believe I didn't do it earlier. But maybe she is doing awesome because I timed it just right! Heehee! Now we will see in a few weeks how she does when she is sharing a room with her big sister and all of her bigs sisters stuff!

No comments: