Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snow Tracks


I have a lame pet peeve. I don't like driving on freshly fallen snow on my driveway. It needs to be shoveled first. I also don't like it if my sidewalk path up to my front door isn't shoveled and people have to walk through the snow to get to my door. I don't know why it bothers me, but it does :) Taft probably is happy that it bugs me because it gets me outside to do the shoveling. (But don't get me wrong, I don't have to be the one that shovels it, just as long as it gets shoveled.)

You see, when fresh snow is driven on, it compacts it into ice onto my driveway and that is not happy. My house faces North and we all know what that means, it will never ever ever ever melt. (Well it will probably melt in May) Why oh why didn't the house we loved face South? Somedays I look longingly across the street to their dry, clear driveways and get a little pang of envy when I look back and see my wet, slippery driveway.

Too bad this doesn't carry over into other parts of my life. Like, I can't get dressed until all the laundry is done, or I can't take a shower until my shower is clean. Hmmmm, maybe that isn't such a good idea, I would never get dressed or take a shower. I guess I will just stick with the snow on the driveway!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I had no idea that you had a blog. I am so glad. It is a great way to keep in touch! Now I can see what you have been up to.

Kat said...

I didn't know it was such an obsession, but yes, everytime I come over your driveway and walk are shoveled. You're funny.

As much as I hate having an icy driveway, I do love that I have snow on my lawn all winter rather than ugly brown grass.