Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love BUG


So today is Valentine's Day. And I am stuck with the Love BUG. It seems that I have caught whatever bug Brayden has been carrying around here at the house. Brayden had to come home early from school on Tuesday because he had a fever. He is still home. And the lame thing is that school just went back on track on Monday! Where is the relief? He has had a fever the whole time until later todaay it finally broke and his crazy lost voice seems to sound better. I haven't been feeling that dandy myself the past few days but today I got the fever, blah.



Taft did make us pink waffles for breakfast and I did cut hearts shapes out of them for the kids and we did hang up our annual heart dangles from the kids doors and they did get a love note and candy from us. (How was that run on sentence for ya!)



Taft also left me two big bars of Ghiradelli chocolates that were mint and raspberry, yum!



I got the kids a heart shaped pizza from good ol' Papa Murphy's and let them drink some sparkling apple cider before Taft got home. I had my sweetie pick us up some yummy Thai Basil and I set the table to have a "romantic" candle lit dinner with the good china and all. What was I thinking? Did I really seriously think we could have a romantic dinner with 4 kids in the house? No way, it isn't going to happen! I wanted the kids to go upstairs and play, but Ellie wasn't excited with that idea. She wanted to sing Happy Birthday to Kat and blow out our candles and watch us eat. So with screaming and crying she was upstairs with Kennedi who didn't want to be up there either. Lame. It isn't so romantic when the parents are angry and the kids are crying. Oh well, the food tasted great though! I did make a berry trifle and it hasn't been touched and it is after 9pm. Bummer. I like dessert.




Here are the kids enjoying their Valentine sweets.










No comments: