Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One Night at Cub Scouts

I am a Cub Scout Den Leader. I don't think I am that great at it. I was not thrilled to get called to be a Den Leader. That last sentence was an understatement. I am better now about it. It isn't my favorite calling in the world, but it is just fine.

So this months cub scouting "theme" is "wheel" into summer. So we decided to have a bike activity tonight. For part of the activity we decided to go on an half hour bike ride. Not so hard right? Man! I was wrong! I thought these boys were tougher than they were. It wasn't quite 3 miles and it is hilly but I thought it was fun. I didn't know if 2 boys were going to make it. I did make the mistake of not bringing any water. But heck, the faster we go the faster we would get home. We had to stop multiple times, but at least the last part was a giant downhill trail. Phew! The boys did have a smile on their faces when we got home, I think because it was over. I was proud of my Brayden, he was strong and never complained and he had a good time. I will be sad next month when he turns 10 and he will no longer be in my Den. I don't know how much I will like it without him. I am secretly hoping that I get changed, but I really really doubt that will happen.

Anyway, just wanted to tell about my night. I like riding bikes! I wish I could do it more often.

No comments: