Monday, June 11, 2007

Book Review #4 and #5

#4- New Moon by Stefanie Meyers


So I read the sequel to Twilight. It's not that I didn't like it, but it wasn't the same as Twilight. I missed Edward. We didn't get to "see" him enough. It was a quick read again and I read it fast. I would recommend this book, and again, it is pretty darn clean! Now I have to wait for the 3rd book in the set, Eclipse, which is suppose to come out this year. These are Young Adult Fiction books, but don't let that scare you, they are great! Not your typical vampire book.

#5- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Here is another Young Adult Fiction book. It was an interesting, easy read. I don't think I would put it in my best read books category, but it definitely wasn't the worst. The book is set in the future when every person turns 16 they are turned into a "pretty." They all receive plastic surgery to become beautiful. So before the surgery, they are considered "uglies." Not everyone wants to become "pretty." It is a pretty clever premise, but I don't know if I will be running to the library tomorrow to get the second book in the series, which by the way is called Pretties. It was clean though! So that is a plus.

No comments: