Saturday, June 16, 2007

Boys vs Girls

It was the annual Father/Sons Campout in the ward. So that split the family up into two groups of threes. Boys vs Girls. The girls won! :) I say that because we got to sleep in our comfy beds and not on the hard ground. This is the first year that the boys made it to the campout. They had a good time, roasting marshmallows, playing kickball, talking, and playing outside. Todd went with them too. Brayden came home very dirty! He must have had fun. I packed a whole bag of clothes/jammies for the boys and they didn't even touch them! They slept in their clothes. That would have not happened if I would had been there! Funny how different men and women work. Makes for more fun! So I guess the campground was more an open field. close to houses, electric lines, etc for the guys than up in the mountains, oh well I guess they got to get out and be together. Carters favorite part was playing kickball (I guess he got to pitch). Braydens favorite was playing some made up game with all the other boys (you know, pretending sticks are weapons). Tafts favorite was talking with the guys. I am glad he got to spend some time with the boys and the guys from the ward.

Their home for the night


Playing Kickball

So us girls went out to good ol Tokyo Joes with Kat, Logan and Paige and got us some grub. Then I took Kennedi to Build a Bear so she could get an "outfit" for her bear and we went to Children's Place to look for some kids clothes. Ellie was out of control as usual, jumping all around, hugging other kids, running around/away and wearing me out! So no more shopping with an almost 2 year old! We did make some time though to go through the drive through for a frosty, yum!

Notice the Wendy's cup, Build a Bear bag, The Childrens Place bag too

We all stayed up until at least 10 (except Ellie), so that was fun for the kids, but they were a little tired today!

On another note, I have to speak tomorrow at church. I don't know what I am going to say. Usually I mull over the topic all week and start gathering in my mind what I want to say and share but it just hasn't worked this time! My topic is Teach them to walk in the Light. Hmmm. I don't know what to say about that. What a great Birthday gift to me! To speak at church, ick. But it is Father's Day too, so I guess I will focus on that. I am nervous...

No comments: