Monday, May 7, 2007

Perfect Streak

Don't get the title wrong, this is not about streaking. I read and participate on a Bulletin Board on BabyCenter that is Moms Losing Weight. Some of us started today a Perfect Streak Contest. The Contest entails:
For the Perfect Streak, each day you must have a No Cheat Day, whatever your definition is.
1. No Cheat Day
In addition, you must complete four out of five of the list:
2. Cardio 30 minutes.
3. Strength training (including yoga/pilates) 30 minutes.
4. Half your weight in ounces water.
5. Four servings fruit and/or veggies.
6. Post a journal on the board (any thread counts).
To continue with the Perfect Streak contest, you have to complete these things everyday.

I need this contest to get me going again on the weight loss. Last year I lost 30 pounds by finally starting to exercise and eating right! I have gained around 5 back and need to get better about eating healthy again. I ran this morning for 3 miles on our treadmill. I hope to get outside to run again. We have tons of wonderful trails in our neighborhood and it just feels so great to be outdoors and exercise. Much more interesting than in my unfinished basement on my treadmill in front of a concrete wall! I hope I keep this streak and get back to where I want to be. It will be tough because in 3 days my 3 sisters and mom are showing up for a fun weekend together! I love to eat with friends and family so I will have to watch it.

No comments: