Wednesday, May 9, 2007

All by myself

So, it looks like the time has come that Taft will have to start traveling for work. We knew when we took this job, almost 5 years ago, that the possibility of him traveling was real. We have been spoiled so far and he hasn't had to travel for any significant amount of time. But things are slow here in Denver and not a lot of projects are happening for his company. A project has come up in Phoenix that looks like it would last until the end of the year. I don't know what to think about all of this. On one hand it would be interesting to see how I handle being a single Mom during the week. On the other hand it probably wouldn't be fun at all! It could all start as early as next week. It would be hard being the one in charge ALL OF THE TIME. The kids are involved in sports and other things and it is nice when Taft can do some of that during the week nights. I could handle it but I don't know how my patience would hold. The one nice thing is that I wouldn't worry much about making a nice dinner. Without another adult here to appreciate the meal it wouldn't be worth the time. So pancakes, and cereal would work just fine! Maybe a little Mac 'n Cheese thrown in there too! :) Taft would rack up the miles for plane tickets so maybe we could go on a nice vacation cheaper. Oh who knows. I guess we will find out soon!

PS- I am in the middle of "Twilight" and so far it has sucked me right in. I am loving it. So I guess I really was in the reading mood!

No comments: