Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Here it is. Another Mother's Day. It was a good one too! First of all, starting Thursday, I got to have a "retreat" with all my sisters and Mom. They came here to Denver so we could all take some time off being moms and just spend some time being us. We shopped until we dropped and ate yummy food. It was great. Oh ya, don't forget about the talking, talking, talking. Friday night we slept at a hotel which is always fun, but I wish we could have slept in longer. 7 am! You have got to be kidding me! Oh well. It was great. I am so lucky to have the best 3 sisters and mom in the world. We are all so alike yet very uniquely different. They went home last night so everyone could be with their own little family today.

I got such cute cards from my kids. Even though Carter's said I was 41! Hmpf, I will be in 10 years! :) They all said they like my cooking. (which surprises me since Carter only likes about 1/4th of my dinners, oh well, he will like more when he gets older). Brayden made me a neat clay magnet with great colors of paint on it. Kennedi made me a book and a neat poster that has her profile on it. And Carter gave me a cute little flower pot with his finger prints on it made into bugs and flowers. The kids were so excited to give me my gifts and I loved them all. They sang so cute in sacrament meeting with the Primary kids. I love them so much. Ellie didn't know that it was any day different and was busy as usual.

Taft had to leave today to go to Washington for some training, so my wonderful friends the Mackays invited me over an spoiled me with dinner. I had salmon, grilled peppers, broccoli, baked potato, cucumber tomato salad, bread, chocolate strawberries and chocolate cake! Whoa! I felt like a queen! They are such wonderful people.

It was a good day and I felt loved!

No comments: