Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Book Review Time

Yes! I just got done with my 3rd book in 3 weeks. I love it!
I will start with the first book I read...

#1- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer-
First of all, this is a Young Adult book which can put some people off, but I loved it! It sounds so corny, but the book is about a girl who falls in love with a vampire. Now forget all you learned from reading Dracula (which I HAD to read in 7th grade and did not like it). These vampires are different and it is a great book. I read it in a few days and told my friend about it and she read it in like less than 24 hours. It is just a fun read and it is 498 pages! The great part is there is a sequel to it, yeah! It is on hold at the library waiting for me to come pick it up. My Mom's book club is going to read Twilight and when she told me that the hold at her library in Utah was over 100 people, I knew it had to be good. Lucky for me the wait wasn't that long here in Colorado, just a few days and it was mine.

#2- Suncatchers by Jamie Langston Turner-
I just happened to see this book on the shelf at the library when I picking up my #3 book. It looked like a nice clean book by a Christian author. I am always on the lookout for a nice clean book! So I tried it out. This author had other books published also. It was a fun simple read, but I will admit I did skim quite a few parts in the book so I could get to the point. This was very clean book and enjoyable. I wouldn't be as excited to recommend this book to my friends and family but wouldn't be embarrassed either. All in all I thought is was an enjoyable read.

#3- These is my Words by Nancy E. Turner-
My sister Kristen recommended this book. A few months ago I had checked this out from the library and read a few pages and just couldn't get into it. I decided to give it another chance when others had liked the book too. Once I got past the first 20 pages I started to enjoy this book more. The book got better and better. It is "The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine 1881-1901." So it is pretty much about a pioneer girl in the Arizona Territories. Great book I highly recommend!

I will probably pick up the Sequel to Twilight tomorrow. It is called New Moon. I am in the reading mood for sure!

No comments: