Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th really does bring bad luck...

and I have 45 stitches in my face to prove it!

Hard to explain, but I was trying to get yard work done and I got in a fight with my garbage can. Seriously. I have one of those huge garbage cans on wheels and I was pulling it with the lid open and it started to fall over and it brought me down with it and I banged my forehead and chin on it. So I split open my head and chin (both to the bone, gross). So basically really stupid and it is Friday the 13th's fault. It hurt quite a bit but they gave me some pain killers. It was such a dumb thing! I was bleeding so much that Taft had Brayden call 911 so I got to go on an ambulance to the hospital. Taft was really great about getting some stuff to try to stop the bleeding and taking care of me. I am so glad he was home! We could have driven to the hospital, but by the time it was more under control the paramedics (and the fire truck and two police cars, hello! Why do they send so many people, it is lame) were already there, so what do you do? I am okay. I just hope my face isn’t crazy looking for too long. Kennedi can barely stand to look at me.

Here are the scary pictures... Don't look carefully if you faint easily.








13 comments:

Kat said...

Oh Shanna I didn't realize they had called 911! Do you have a massive headache today? I hope you're taking some drugs.

Kim said...

So sorry. That looks like it hurts. I can't believe a garbage can could do that. Poor Girl!

gina said...

Ouch Shanna Girl!!! I blew the cut wide open picture up and took a look, those are some serious gashes! You should kick that trash can to the curb. Taft, perhaps you should take over that job for good, like every week, like always, how about not letting Shanna do those kind of things anymore ever, because clearly the trash can won! It's a man job anyway. :) Shanna, I hope the pain is gone soon, and don't worry, your still beautiful even with stiches!

Amber said...

Ouch! That stinks! You are one tough gal though!! I agree with Gina...no more taking out the trash for you! :) I hope you feel better soon and have a better 14th than 13th!

Shauna said...

Good grief Shanna!!! I called Taft this morning (while you were out - seriously?) and he told me the whole story -- Facebook edition just wasn't enough for me!! I cannot believe how freak of an accident that was and how deep the cuts are!! Sounds like you NEED some Dove Chocolates!

Love you!

Dianna said...

Shanna I just called tonight (that is the first time I saw the pictures) WOW.... what a close call!! I need to come back to Denver and take care of the trash cans for you... I think! I am so glad that you are ok... and I am so glad Taft was home and took good care of you. Take care and no more fighting with those cans..OK :)
Love ya.... see ya soon :) :)

Beth said...

Ouch! You poor thing! If it makes you feel any better, you still look great...stitches and all!!

Kimberly said...

Holy crap Shanna!!!! Those are some serious cuts. I hope you are feeling ok. the last picture makes me laugh, you don't even look like you went through anything minus the cuts on your face, you look so normal. Time to go beat up on the garbage can yourself!!!!! Can't wait to see you this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shanna what do I say. I cannot wait tell this weekend when we can hear the story first hand.
Love Ya Corinna

Ann T. said...

Oh Shanna,I am so sorry you got hurt. The bruises and scars will heal. It will just take a little time. Thank goodness the stitches in the face come out soon.
As far as why they send so many people: Well that is just the way it works. The Ambulance guys (and gals) bring the fire guys in case they need more help. Same as if you had a fire, you would get the ambulance too. The police - well that is a different story. Some of them are bored, so an EMS call gives them something to do. Some want to see the blood, and others are just curious. And then, it just might be policy.
I lost a battle with the wheelbarrow a couple of weeks ago, so when I get that posted, we can compare.
Love you :)

Jenalyn said...

You poor thing! Hope you heal quickly!

Christina said...

I can't believe how great your face looks just 2 weeks later! I'm glad it's healing so well!

CS.Jeevan Varghese said...

hi shanna,,get well soon..jeevan,india