Sunday, March 22, 2009

Apples & Oranges

Will there be a time in my life that I will stop comparing myself to others? I know in my head that it isn't fair for me to compare myself to the best in everyone else. I tend to only see the really wonderful perfect parts of others around me and then wish I was that best part of every single woman I meet. I am tired of this and don't know how to stop. I am hoping I outgrow it because I am worn out wanting to be something I know isn't even possible. My life is good and I am extremely blessed, I hope to start focusing more on this...

6 comments:

Karen said...

Whenever I compare myself to others I think, "would I want to trade entire lives w/this person?".....the answer is always no. You are wonderful just the way you are :))

Anonymous said...

Shanna, you sound like so many of us "girls" in this world. At my age I am still wondering if I will ever be good enough. But then I stop and realize that I am who I am and the Lord still loves me. And when it comes right down to it.. HE is the main one I am trying to please. It is a life long journey. You are great and I love who you are.. so lets go play. Come on over and play for a while:) Lets be kids again...ok

Marie said...

I think I figured it out at about age 60, except that I'm still wanting to be like YOU!

Katie L. said...

My number one weakness, I think. Also the source of much frustration and unhappiness. If you figure out how to get over it, call me first!

Callie said...

I think it is plain to see from your comments, that all of us women are in the same boat!! I think the secret is "admiration" of others qualities, and not jealousy. It is only when envy creeps in to our hearts, that we lose our own sense of self worth and blessings. I think you are amazing Shanna, and I love that you are so real and honest in your posts!

Julie said...

Shanna, I can guarantee you that others are looking at you the same way....wanting to be like you! I just read your April fools day thing and wished I had been a better mom....like YOU! Ugg!